Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Dad!

I missed posting last weekend for one of the saddest reasons a daughter could ever have to face, the loss of her Father. So, I pulled out of the archives a layout that I made in 2009 to honor My Dad!  This layout was extremely fun to put together.  The pictures show Dad as a boy, a teenager and a man.


George Edward Sarratt
9/19/1940 - 6/8/2011
I used The Close to My Heart Game On paper pack, and Bamboo card stock.  I used black and tan hemp the stitch the corners, and the "My Hero" tag is raised with pop-up tape.  I will miss him every day!

A friend told me that the birthday and the death date is not what we should remember about a person, it is the dash that separates the date that we should dwell upon.  Because that dash represents the life our loved ones lived. And that dash is where we obtained the memories we have of our loved one.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a beautiful tribute. I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. I love the dash commentary. So true. The date to the right of your dash ends in 2010. FYI.

    Love you! --Ang S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words ... you said it best. I hope your grief turns quickly into loving memories!

    ReplyDelete