Sunday, June 5, 2011

2012 Calendar

January was assembled with card stock, no Background and Texture paper.  The images were heat embossed to make them stand out. I used the following stamp sets; Captured Moments, Snow Flurries and Ice Crystals.  The photos are of my little man on the one snow day we had in January 2011.  The kids were given the day off school because it snow so infrequently here in the High Desert!


February was assembled with the Magnifique Level 2 Paper pack. Magnifique has a lovely combination of Chocolate, Lagoon Blue, Pacifica Blue and Sky Blue. The stamp sets used in this calendar page were Circle of Love and Amore.


I used the Miracle paper pack to assemble the March calendar page, along with the Take Luck stamp set.  I still need to figure out which photos to place on this page.  I may go back to Kindergarten and add the photos we took of my son making his leprechaun trap.


April! Well, let's say I got lucky with this one.  Easter will be April 8th in 2012.  It is smarter to look up the dates before you create the calendar page.  I used the Sophia paper pack for April.  It has nice bright colors such as Blush, Goldrush, Hollyhock and Pear. This color combo really pops!  I used Bohemian Alphabet for the title "april",  A Hop and the Sophia Workshop stamp set. In the center of the large flower I embelished with an opaques pearl.

 Wings! The paper pack for the month of May was Wings.  Thinking of Mom, this elegant paper seemed to be the right choice.  I used the Dreams Come True, Find Your Style and Butterfly Wings for this page. The colors are Black, Juniper, Sweet Leaf and Vineyard Berry. A beautiful combination of color!  The black dots are our button brads from the new Mini-Medley Black Accent Collection. 


For the month of June I used the Lucky paper pack.  It has a very maculine flavor to it.  How better to honor the man in your life or your father.  I have the perfect photo for this page of my husband and my son.  Now to find it in the digital archives so I can print and paste to complete the page. I used the stamp set Enjoy Life.  I heat embossed the sentiment in the upper left-hand corner, and the bicycle in the lower right hand corner.


July was easy to create with the Fanfare paper pack.  It has so much flare on its own with Cranberry, Pacifica, Sky and Sunny Yellow.  The distressing was done with Pacifica.  BOOM! was the stamp set of choice for this calendar page.  There is a little cross stitching floss added to the top photo frame.  It's a little hard to see in the picture, but looks great on the page.


August needed to be a quick assembly because July was such a busy page and at this point we were doing two pages per gathering so that we could get the calendar completed in 9 months.  I used the Mayberry paper pack The words above the flower came from the Blessed stamp set.  The flower is made up of one inch circles, and the leaves were done free hand. The colors in Mayberry {Chocolate, Honey, Olive and Smoothie} felt like summer to me and that is why I chose them for August.


September is not usually the month of Romance and Bliss, however, that is what I used for this calendar page.  The Bliss paper pack has a very antique look and feel to it.  The color combo of Bamboo, Chocolate, Grey Flannel and Vanilla Cream allows for an addition of just about any other color to be added.  Here I added my favorite color, Purple in the flavor of Amethyst. The embleishment in the center of the flower is one of our Filigree Charms. The stamp set used come with the Bliss Workshop On The Go.  Love, Love, Love this stamp set! The lattice boarder was accomplished by using one of EK Successes punches.


October was a fun page to create.  I love Halloween!  The purple and black combination is so attractive.  With the Hooligans paper pack, there is some Lagoon, Pear and Sunset tossed in with the Gypsy {Purple} and Black. I just loved the Hooligans Level 2 embelishments too!  The two hooligans on the right are from the level 2 assortment. They are felt and have eyes that move The hooligan on the left is a stamped image from the Party Animals stamp set.


November, the time of falling leaves and beautiful colors.  The Olivia paper pack was my choice for this page.  It has Barn Red, Pear, Smoothie and Sunset as its primary color scheme. They look great together.  I used the stamp sets The Present and A Little Thanks for this page.  Can forget to and the many "Thanks" we have to this page!


Who doesn't love Christmas. The filling of giving and caring that seems to fill the air this time of year.  We took a trip to Arizona to ride the Polar Express Train in 2009.  I would do it again!  My son really enjoyed this little trip. The paper pack used was Mistletoe.  The Stamps used were Share the Magic, Homestead Alphabet and I believe {hidden behind the picture}. The Santa is paper pieced and there are various sized gems in the sparkles of the "Sharing the Magic" stamped in the circle.


And this calendar was the first calendar I've had the pleasure to create with my club.  Would I do it again? Yes, I think I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment