Friday, August 17, 2012

Sympathy Card

We lost a friend of ours recently to a congenital heart defect.  He was only 47 and far too young to have been taken away from his family.  He was well liked as I saw tonight.  Our local Pizza Factory had a fund raiser for his family to help with the medical and funeral expenses.  What I saw tonight at Pizza Factory brought tears to my eyes!  The place was packed, and there was a line to the door, over 20 people in line.  Everyone in that line had the fund raiser flyer in their hand.  The cashier told me they had been extremely busy all day and at lunch the line went out the door and it lasted for a couple of hours.  I’m here to tell you that at lunch time today the temperature in Ridgecrest was over 105, and it was very humid for the High Dessert.  So, people standing outside waiting to order food, well, what can I say?  This community can really come together when we need to and it is nice to know that we have so many caring people here.

This is the sympathy card I made for his wife and family.




The paper is La Belle Vie, the stamp set is Angelic Blessings, the sentiment comes from the Card Chatter - Sympathy stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment